Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnIs taking SAT Subject tests just to look good on a college app worth it?

# of Responses: 4

Posted 8 months ago by blipsandchitz

Is there any use to take SAT Subject tests just for the scores to look good on a college application? Or is it just a waste of time to study for and take? I'm planning on being a Psychology major and I don't know of any subject tests that would be needed. Unless there are??

Definitely worth it!  Most top colleges will require you to sumbit a couple of SAT 2s with you SAT 1s, so it's definitely worth taking them if you're going for a competitive school.  If you know where you want to go, check out their requirements, but if not I'd recommend just taking one or two that are related to the classes you're taking.  What year of school are you in?

Posted 8 months ago by itsaplit

I'm in my junior year right now. 

Posted 8 months ago by blipsandchitz

Yea depends on what school you're aiming for. A lot of top schools want some AP subject tests. Is there not a psychology subject test? If not, try to focus on English or math. General subjects like that can carry weight because it shows a great foundation. 

Posted 8 months ago by formerIBstudent

I'm with formerIBstudent. If you're aiming for a top school, it's totally worth it!

Posted 7 months ago by renaime

close