Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnWho was/is your favorite teacher? Why?

# of Responses: 7

Posted 6 months ago by Math

I had an english teacher in my junior year of high school. Famboyantly gay man yet really intimidating somehow. Could easily make you feel ashamed of your existence (and writing) by just looking at you. It sounds weird, but he was the one that motivated me to actually start trying in school after just blowing off everything my freshmen and junior years. 

Posted 6 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

I should clarify that he was an AP Lang teacher, and while he spoke and acted like a famboyantly gay man, he was a big guy. Like, not fat, but just... big. I think the term "bear" comes to mind.

Posted 6 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

My favorite was probably my English teacher as well. She really helped develop my writing skills and she was an awesome person.

Posted 6 months ago by formerIBstudent

My favorite was probably my English teacher as well. She really helped develop my writing skills and she was an awesome person.

Posted 6 months ago by formerIBstudent

My sophomore year English teacher. She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met and she could cry over the smallest things. She's so caring, understanding, and empathetic. And she's open and I've never heard her be sarcastic or mean ever. It would hurt her control over the class sometimes, but we all loved her so we never abused it. I was so comfortable in the class that I subconsciously came out to her in a poem of all things lol 

Posted 6 months ago by blipsandchitz

I had a really awesome AP lang teacher who had us read a lot of cool stuff.  I feel like he did a really great job of preparing us for the AP exam while also not making the class boring and totally exam-focused.

Posted 6 months ago by itsaplit

One of my history teachers in high school. She talked so fast, but she was the most engaged and effective teacher I've ever had.

Posted 6 months ago by renaime

close