Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnBalancing school with a job

# of Responses: 4

Posted 2 months ago by itsaplit

Anyone else have an after-school job?  I work in the summer and during parts of the school year, but I find that when I'm working during the school year I have trouble balancing work with all my schoolwork!  Anyone have any tips or want to share experiences as a working student?

Honestly, if you know how to manage your time well, it should be feasible. But I just want to say that your should make school a priority. I understand that money is valuable and I respect that you work during the school year but don't slip up on your grades. If you sense that your job is affecting your classes, either quit or at the very least, ask for less hours. The GPA and test scores will go a long way in your future. Good Luck!

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

In high school and worked a few hours every day after school. It was really exhausting but it did help me figure out how to manage my time better. Like, instead of just going home and messing around on the computer for a few hours, I would have to actually get to my work. It helped me prepare for college and working a part time job there. 

Posted 2 months ago by townsendsk

It's hard. I've always worked at least one other job while being in school, and last year I was working three. 

Time management is so important. Create a schedule. It's not fun, but it's incredible. I know that sometimes it's necessary to work. You can do it.

Posted 2 months ago by renaime

I agree, Thanks for the tips, y'all!  I agree - it's tough, but definitely doable.  And I love to have the $$$ :)

Posted 2 months ago by itsaplit

close