Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnDealing with procrastination

# of Responses: 9

Posted 4 months ago by miniwhopee

We all do it more or less. Share your thoughts on it and how you get over it.

I at least try to get a little bit of work done every day, so that when the time comes to start cramming everything at least it won't be so bad hahaha.

Posted 4 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

Procrastination is definitely the worst enemy of all students lol. I would suggest learning to manage your time. Make sure to make a schedule and split up your work efficiently. Make sure to follow that schedule well.

Posted 4 months ago by formerIBstudent

Oh also I usually make a schedule on my phone with google calendar. So I can see what I need to do that day and it gives me reminder.

Posted 4 months ago by formerIBstudent

I try doing the 10 minute routine. Don't like doing it? Do it for just 10 minutes. Its short enough to do quicklly and long enough to get something done.

I am still finding a way to deal with procrastination... it's always been a big problem for me.

Posted 4 months ago by townsendsk

I find that I can't focus on one thing if I don't have something going on in the background. I have to have music or tv playing in order to think better. 

Posted 4 months ago by renaime

I like to listen to a podcast while working. Not too distracting and just enough to make work not super boring. 

Posted 4 months ago by Math

How do you focus on both the podcast and the work though?

I make a list and use an app that gives me a set amount of time that I should be studying. It puts the pressure on (I guess?) and helps me focus if I know there is only a specifc amount of crunch time before my next break.

Posted 3 months ago by kgibbs

close