Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnDealing with procrastination

# of Responses: 9

Posted 11 months ago by miniwhopee

We all do it more or less. Share your thoughts on it and how you get over it.

I at least try to get a little bit of work done every day, so that when the time comes to start cramming everything at least it won't be so bad hahaha.

Posted 11 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

Procrastination is definitely the worst enemy of all students lol. I would suggest learning to manage your time. Make sure to make a schedule and split up your work efficiently. Make sure to follow that schedule well.

Posted 11 months ago by formerIBstudent

Oh also I usually make a schedule on my phone with google calendar. So I can see what I need to do that day and it gives me reminder.

Posted 11 months ago by formerIBstudent

I try doing the 10 minute routine. Don't like doing it? Do it for just 10 minutes. Its short enough to do quicklly and long enough to get something done.

I am still finding a way to deal with procrastination... it's always been a big problem for me.

Posted 11 months ago by townsendsk

I find that I can't focus on one thing if I don't have something going on in the background. I have to have music or tv playing in order to think better. 

Posted 11 months ago by renaime

I like to listen to a podcast while working. Not too distracting and just enough to make work not super boring. 

Posted 11 months ago by Math

How do you focus on both the podcast and the work though?

I make a list and use an app that gives me a set amount of time that I should be studying. It puts the pressure on (I guess?) and helps me focus if I know there is only a specifc amount of crunch time before my next break.

Posted 10 months ago by kgibbs