Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnUseful guide for sat

# of Responses: 8

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

hey I thought I would an excellent that I used to study for the sat. On google type in "college confidential silverturtle sat guide". This guide was made by someone who scored a 2400 and is very comprehensive. Honestly it was incredibly helpful for me. If you have any questions about how I studied, feel free to ask.

I personally got some online training thing called Green's system. I think it's probably great but honestly I didn't really use it that much. Honestly, just doing problems out of the book was enough for me it seems.

Posted 2 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

If you have any resources, you feel would be great to share to the community. The resources section is for posting those links.

Posted 2 months ago by theOwl

Oh I see. I'll update it over there then.

Well, the thing is Green's system is not free... actually it's rather expensive. TBH I kinda wasted it and I still regret not using it to its fullest. Still, I suppose my sister can make more use of the account and books than I did. Sorry for going off on a tangent there, just wanted to get that off my chest haha.

Yea, I tried not to spend too much on SAt and ACT preparation. Honestly, if you're willing to discipline yourself, you can study on your own just fine. It just required practice and repetition. I only spent money on prep books and total it was like a 100 dollars. 

To be fair, I think it depends on the person. I personally never struggled with those sort of tests so the big guides didn't really help me all that much. I think in general though, a good place to start is finding old SAT tests and using them to practice so you get a feel of what problems to expect on the test.

Yea I would definitely agree with that. Practice tests are the best method of studying for a test.

Practice tests are the only thing that has really ever helped me improve my grade.

Posted 2 months ago by renaime

close