Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnHigh Schoolers be warned.

# of Responses: 7

Posted 6 months ago by Aliphos

One day you will go on to some of the best years of your life, but will always be looking back and thinking "I miss how easy those classes were".

That's so true. Although, I do have a lot more free time in college (you just have things to be working on at every waking moment).

Posted 6 months ago by renaime

Yea the free time balances out cause there is a lot more work to do outside of school. But high school was definitely a lot easier.

Posted 6 months ago by formerIBstudent

Im inclined to agree; however, I feel like in high school I was dragged down by lots of work I felt was "unnecessary" from class I considered fluff, whereas in college the fluff classes barely have any real work. While I think there is more work than in high school, its all from one or two subjects, not from 5 or 6, and I personally like it much, much better.

Posted 6 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

I think that IgorBogdanoff has got it right. Theres a lot more "busy" work in highschool. In college, the work that you're doing often feels a lot more worthwhile.

Posted 6 months ago by tcme

Ha, man I wish I still had free time. Classes were so easy. 

Posted 6 months ago by Math

I think the best thing high school students can do is take some classes at their local community college before they graduate. They are easier than AP classes and look better on applications because you are showing you have completed college-level work. General Education classes are a good choice but some students may prefer to take some classes in their major to get a head start or an idea if that is what they want to pursue. California high school students should look at assist. org http://www.assist.org/web-assist/welcome.html

This website allows students to see which community college classes are transferrable to CSUs or UCs for their major. 

Posted 6 months ago by ZeeGee

I don't know...my high school was pretty intense and when I was loading up on the AP classes it was really hard. I do agree that a lot of the work was more Busy work but that just made it more difficult to manage my time

Posted 6 months ago by townsendsk

close