Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnWhat surprised you most about being in college?

# of Responses: 8

Posted 6 months ago by renaime

I made a lot more friends than in high-school. I think it had to do with my sarcasm being more appreciated. 

That you have alot more options of people to hang out with.  In college I've noticed there are groups of many different people, whereas if you went to a small school you only had that group where only 1 person shared your interest.

Posted 6 months ago by Aliphos

Lots of new people both good and bad. It's just a lot more diverse with people from all over.

Posted 6 months ago by Math

I thought there was so much more time given to you to do what you want. High school was always so rigid and cramped and I can't imagine going back now.

Posted 6 months ago by formerIBstudent

I alwalys thought my highschool friends would always be my closest. In college you live in a dorm with multiple roomates, and its amazing the close bonds you build with them. The freedom of college also was a awesome surprise.

Posted 6 months ago by Susienando

The campus actually. I was expecting it to be less friendly.

Posted 6 months ago by miniwhopee

It really depends on the school you go to though.  Small schools you get to know everyone but the largers schools you become just another number.

Posted 6 months ago by Aliphos

I went to a small rural school in the south. My college is very urban, and I love the diversity. Having friends from all over has been a great experience.

Posted 6 months ago by tcme

How much time you actually have to do stuff. Its a bit more work than HS but its more or less condensed to a few classes, as opposed to HS where you were gettin loads of work from most if not all of the classes.

Posted 6 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

close