Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnGap year?

# of Responses: 6

Posted 2 months ago by townsendsk

Is anyone planning on doing a gap year and traveling when they graduate instead of going straight to college?

I have been considering doing a gap year. It's really easy to burn out and get tired of the constant studying and stress. However I also don't want to lose focus on my studies and lose the motivation I have. What do you guys think?

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

I didn't do a gap year and haven't regretted it since.  I just never really had problems with burnout and knew that if I took a year off my motivation would tank. 

Posted 2 months ago by Aliphos

It's a touchy subject, depends mostly on your age, if you ask me.

Posted 2 months ago by shoshura

I think I would have enjoyed a gap year. Working would have definitely made my budget not as tight. However, I like knowing that I'm closer to being done now.

Posted 2 months ago by renaime

I took a gap year and I enjoyed every second of it. I finally got to visit the country I am from and spend some quality time with some close friends and every moment was worth it. I started college at 17 so I guess I was a bit younger than most so I could afford taking the time off.

Posted 2 months ago by miniwhopee

Maybe, but mostly just because Obama's kid did

Posted 2 months ago by blipsandchitz

close