Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnCan anyone recommend good test prep books?

# of Responses: 10

Posted 8 months ago by itsaplit

Namely for bio or calc, but any suggestions are welcome - might help some other students.

The standard BARRONS books are always good. 

I think for Calc , it's just important to do as many practice problems as possible.

Posted 8 months ago by Charly123

I got my teacher to give me stacks of Review tests. 

Posted 8 months ago by Juliet

I agree with Barron's. I'll also recommend Kaplan books as they helped me for certain subjects. If you're strapped for time, try crash course. 

Posted 8 months ago by formerIBstudent

Crash Course is great for quick reviews but the Barrons books will carry you through the test if you have the time to study them.

Posted 8 months ago by Aliphos

Princeton Review has always been my go-to. They significantly help improve my grades.

Posted 8 months ago by renaime

Kaplan is good, anything you can get from your teachers are excellent too (because they're free).

Posted 8 months ago by federertheking

Barrons and Princeton Review are the best! I also use Khan Academy online - especially for math.

Posted 8 months ago by tcme

Try to get ahold of one of the practice books which has older exams in it. Especially for calc, you will want to do loads of practice problems for the material you have learned in class, and the closest you are going to get to problems on the actual exam are the problems from previous exams. Practice, practice, practice these problems, and if you get a problem wrong figure out what you did, where you did it, and how to correct it.

Posted 8 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

Thanks for the recommendations, guys!  I'll have to check some of these out.

Posted 8 months ago by itsaplit

I use Princeton Review too 

Posted 8 months ago by blipsandchitz

close