Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnStudying for physics

# of Responses: 3

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

hey I have a physics test coming up and a final soon after. I was wondering how you guys study for physics tests. It's just Newtonian mechanics and the test is pretty much free response problems. How do you guys study for these types of tests?

Well, I managed to get through AP MECH and AP E and M in the same year. Although it was a struggle at first, what I did was exam level practice FRQ questions every day. Over time, the logical thinking processes needed to find the solutions to these problems, became easier and easier, until I was confident with my grasp at approaching these problems and applying the concepts learned in class to effectively solve them. 

So in conclusion, Just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE the FRQ. WEEKS or EVEN MONTHS before the exam!

Posted 2 months ago by Juliet

Well my test is in a week but I will be practicing everyday until the day of the test. Thanks for the advice.

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

How did it go?

Posted 1 month ago by kgibbs

close