Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnShould I re-take the SAT and ACT?

# of Responses: 5

Posted 2 months ago by renaime

I'm mostly worried about my math. 

I got a 680/34 reading, and 610/30 writing, but only a 520/23 for math. Math isn't my strong subject, is it worth it to take it again?

I think it's definitely worthwhile to retake it. Focus mostly on math this time and you can use the superscore of all your tests. Keep in mind, for the act, it takes an average of your scores instead of the highest. So maybe it's better to retake sat and focus on math.

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

You can definitely take both again if you feel the need to, but your scores were decent for everything but math so I would suggest as the above person said that you focus on retaking the SAT.  

Posted 2 months ago by Aliphos

Like @formerIBstudent said, you can superscore your SAT scores so I'd stick to that, and focus on the math section! Let us know how it goes. 

Posted 2 months ago by JuicyFruit

You should try to raise your math score as it is really important for college admissions. Also, it should be the easiest to raise as your score will naturally improve with practice.

Posted 2 months ago by Charly123

I would probably go with re-taking the SAT and focusing on the math section. Like others have said, you can superscore them.

I don't think that re-taking both of them is necessary.

Posted 2 months ago by tcme

close