Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnAP Students Complaint Thread!

# of Responses: 13

Posted 8 months ago by federertheking

Tired of watching your friends skate through high school taking easy courses while you struggle? Feel like you can't get enough sleep? Do others scoff when you brag that you'll save tons of money on college credits? 

Air out all your complaints you've been holding inside because your non-AP friends wouldn't understand!

My AP human geography teacher is quite possibly one of the most incompetent people I have ever met. I have not learned a single thing and I'm just waiting to bomb that final. 

Posted 8 months ago by Math

@ Math, sorry to hear that. I dealt with some annoying teachers like that as well. I encourage not to give up on the AP test at least. Buy the Barron's book or Kaplan and use that to study on your own. It will give you a review and practice tests. You can get a 3 fairly easily, if not a higher score. 

Posted 8 months ago by formerIBstudent

@Math yeah I had a calc teacher like that too last year...1s and 2s for almost everyone in the class. 

Posted 8 months ago by federertheking

@Math Same here for APUSH. The teacher just didn't really care. I got a 3 but my college doesn't even accept that. 

Posted 8 months ago by renaime

I hate how people will have a higher GPA than me because they took easy APs like APES, APHuman Geo, AP Econ, etc.

I have a lower GPA from taking those harder APs (AP bio, Calc BC, etc.)

Posted 8 months ago by Sypfii

The worst part about AP's is knowing that everyone else has an easy time while you are struggling through the massive amount of homework.  

Posted 8 months ago by Aliphos

I'm just annoyed with the schools that don't give AP credits :/

Posted 8 months ago by itsaplit

@Sypfii UGHHH same, the grading scheme should be different. It's not fair to basically get punished for choosing harder classes

Posted 8 months ago by shoshura

After taking online classes at my community college for $40 I realized AP is a waste of time. The college classes look better on applications, getting an A was easy, no test to prepare for and my online US History class didn't even have tests. It is best to just take AP science classes and do the other subjects at a community college. Less work and you look better for colleges. 

Posted 8 months ago by ZeeGee

Well our AP Human Geo teacher was fired. A bit too late if I must say.

Posted 8 months ago by Math

@Sypfii I'm in the same boat! If you truly challenge yourself academically you have a lower GPA. ugh!

Posted 8 months ago by renaime

It's really frustrating that some people have such an easy time in highschool. However, if you do a good job in your APs, you have a head-start in college.

Posted 8 months ago by tcme

You know what really sucke? Learning that most of your ap credits contribute absolutely nothing towards your major and AA. Lookin at you especially, AP Chem...

Posted 8 months ago by IgorBogdanoff

close