Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnHas anyone taken AP Computer Science?

# of Responses: 9

Posted 4 months ago by m4g1k4rp

I was looking into taking AP Computer Science and I was curious if anyone who is taken it or has taken it could share some information.

I have not but a bunch of my friends have. Have you taken an intro CS course? Everyone who took AP CS at my school was pretty into the subject. It's not for everyone so unless you have a strong interest in the subject I might go for a difference AP course. 

Posted 4 months ago by federertheking

I know a lot of people who have taken it as well. It was a challenging subject for all of them. However, I regret not taking it because I think having an intro into computer science is very helpful for the future. I recommend taking it even if it will be difficult. 

Posted 4 months ago by formerIBstudent

I took it my senior year and it was my first programming course. Personally, I feel like you have no prior coding experience, then this class isn't for you. It focuses mainly on Java which isn't a good language for a beginner to start of with. If you do have some prior experience, then yeah go ahead and take it. 

Posted 4 months ago by jsauce

I took this class without any prior coding knowledge, and a lot of classmates did not know how to code either. It's not bad if you're good at problem solving as a lot of it is application skills.

Posted 4 months ago by mchen25

The class can be hard if you don't have prior coding experience or aren't espicially good at problem solving. But I also believe that the quality of instructor is also extremely important to success in the class. I for one, had a horrible AP Comp Sci Teacher.

Posted 4 months ago by Charly123

It's really great, it just moves pretty fast. If you have no prior experience, it can be a lot to handle, but it was definitely worth it to me!

Posted 4 months ago by renaime

I did and I dropped it. It's not gonna help you in college and it just adds more weight to your current courses. If you are thinking of going to that route for college just do some self study on basic programming. They will help more than this.

Posted 4 months ago by miniwhopee

If you're interested in Computer Programming for either your future career or as a future hobby, I would definitely recommend it. It was a lot of fun for me!

Posted 4 months ago by tcme

I have not, though I know a lot of people have

Posted 3 months ago by wknoll

close