Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnShould I take APES

# of Responses: 6

Posted 2 months ago by DabHaus

Hey y'all, my school offers AP Environmental Science and I was wondering if it was worth taking. If you have experience with with the class would you mind weighing in because I'm not sure what to expect.

Not me, but my best friend took it junior year.

Heard that it was kind of a mix of chem and bio relating them both back to the environment. Most people that take it at our school get high grades in the class compared to most of the other AP's

Posted 2 months ago by survivorfeliciano

I took as a junior last year but my teacher was kind of wacky and unorthodox. We did a lot of field trips and hands on things in the classroom. The subject material is easier than say AP Bio or Chem so if you have room in your schedule I'd say go for it .

Posted 2 months ago by federertheking

My best friend took it and loved it. She had a really great teacher though. It's also usually a GPA booster, so that's a plus.

Posted 2 months ago by renaime

Definitely agree with the GPA booster! Someone in the complaint thread was saying how their buddies who take it have better GPAs lol 

Posted 2 months ago by federertheking

If you're at all interested in Enviromental Science, it's great! Also, like others have said, the GPA boost is worth it.

Posted 2 months ago by tcme

No, but only because I heard the teacher at my school doesn't teach at all. My classmate who took it last year got a 1 on it. Maybe if your school's teacher is better it could be worth it. I've heard it ~should~ be one of the easier AP classes. You could voice your concerns with the teacher too. 

Posted 2 months ago by blipsandchitz

close