Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnHow do you guys study for the SAT and ACT?

# of Responses: 3

Posted 6 months ago by m4g1k4rp

I personally just take the practice tests. I find that it is what suits my learning style better and my scores started to increase as I started studying more seriously. My initial problem was that I wasn't treating the practice tests like they were important or like they mattered. I'm just curious as to how you guys study? 

I first did a review of the math skills needed and a review of grammar. Then, as you said, I just did a BUNCH of practice tests. Practice tests are probably the best way to study but make sure you have a good understanding of the basic knowledge beforehand so you can practice more efficiently.

Posted 6 months ago by formerIBstudent

Practice tests. Khan Academy to brush up on subjects I wasn't so hot at.

When you're taking the practice tests, don't be afraid to skip questions.

Posted 6 months ago by ceciliarae8

I take practice tests. I also use Khan Academy. The SAT also had an email newsletter a while back that sent practice questions every day. Does anyone know if they still do that?

Posted 6 months ago by tcme

close