Get the help you need to ace your exams

Exam Owl gets you answers to your questions through a community of students just like yourself. Improve your performance on a variety of a variety of tests including AP, IB and standardized tests with a suite of test prep tools and community resources.

Ace your next exam, sign up below.

Communitycommunity Toolstools Resourcesresources

returnIB Internal assessments

# of Responses: 25

Posted 2 months ago by formerIBstudent

So, have any IB seniros already done your IB IAs (internal assessments). I remember mine being a pain. 

Seniros? LOL!

Posted 2 months ago by emily

haha, I must be too sleep-deprived. Are you an IB student?

Did mine for IB BIO HL. It was pure hell.

Posted 2 months ago by jsauce

Hey Emily! I'm havin issues too. Btw where are you from?

Posted 2 months ago by KEVINGOTBICKBOOTY

Nice try kevin. I don't talk to strangers like that.

Posted 2 months ago by emily

IB Bio HL definitely sounds like a pain. I did Chemistry which was a pain of its own. 

Oh man that must have been pretty rough. Btw, did you do diploma?

@emily I feel like what you said is a personal attack on Kevin. Please don't do that or I'll have to report you to the mods.

I did diploma yea. It was quite an experience haha. 

dang that must have been insane! i didn't do diploma, just took IB BIO and a few others for the hell of it lol. What else did you take?

I took IB french, IB english/literature, IB HOA, IB psychology and Ib math SL

Nice! Those must have been pretty challenging. I just took IB BIO and IB ECON. Btw, are you a freshman in college now?

I'm actually a sophomore. I'm guessing you're a senior in high school?

Hey are you from West Colombia?

Nah, I'm a freshman in university. Just reminiscing on the days of HS lol, what are you studying now?

I'm actually working towards medical school right now. What about you?

Haven't declared a major yet, but I'm looking into either Data Science or Computer Science. Also, dang pre med, that must be a lot of work lol. I was originally planning on going down that road, but it just didn't work out :(

Isnt medical school real easy? One of my friends from Detroit graduated from med school in 2 years? Also, are you from South Carolina bro?

Computer science is definitely a worthwhile field think. I don't think medical school is all that easy. I've never heard of Anyone graduating from med school that early. Pretty sure we're not supposed to put personal info on our posts haha. Plus I don't usually give out where I'm from.

If you got the diploma, do you mind telling us which schools you were accepted to? I know several IB students who ended up going to a CSU because it was cheaper even though they did get in to better schools. Did the IB Diploma help you? Was it worth it? 

Posted 2 months ago by ZeeGee

I have a friend who was in the IB Diploma program and he found it to be extremely worthwhile despite the blood, sweat, and tears. He didn't have a particularly strong GPA prior to starting the program, but I think doing IB really helped him stand out among other students and it helped to get into one of his dream schools which he is currently attending.

@formerIBstudent yeah I figured out that I enjoyed the more logical and math based courses rather than ones that relied on just memorization. That being said, I think medicine is a pretty cool and exciting field as well. Good luck man!

The Ib diploma can be valuable but it doesn't guarantee a spot anywhere. You have to make sure you focus on other parts of your application like sat/act and extracurriculars. It can make up for deficiencies in your application but don't feel pressured to do this program. I know people who did all APs and got into good schools. If you think you can balance IB with extracurriculars, go for it.

Jeez Kevin whats with the asking people where they are from? Thats something you just don't do.

Posted 2 months ago by Aliphos

As people have already said it can be valuable but only at certain places and doesn't guarantee anything like SATs

Posted 2 months ago by miniwhopee

close